Get Paid to Learn, Grow, and Create in our San Francisco Office. Cool Beans!
Sound like a dream come true? Then Redbubble’s Artist-In-Residence program is for you!
If you had 6 months to take a personalized creative journey, what would that look like? Pitch us a project you’re passionate about. We want to know what inspires your artist’s heart to beat. Do you dream about creating a fantasy comic series on endangered birds? An avant-garde community mural? A children’s book on equality? A mind-blowing vlog series on post modern painting technique? A sticker-book of summer cocktail recipes? We want to hear your ideas. Yes, yours!
In addition to your personal project, you’ll be hanging with Redbubble’s team in San Francisco, California, learning new skills, helping us with a variety of creative projects, and getting a behind the scene’s view of one of the world’s largest artist marketplaces! Most importantly though, you’ll be inspiring our teams by facilitating an up-close-and-personal relationship with the independent artists we care so much about at Redbubble (you!). Oh! Did we mention the money part? Money is good…. Especially when it’s $3,000/month.
Lots of Opportunities
As the US homebase, our San Francisco office focuses mostly on marketing, social, licensing/IP operations, and customer service (although we also have logistics & operations teams too). Here you can get super creative with a variety of campaigns and marketing platforms, work the frontlines with our customers, get to know new licensees, and see how folks go from ordering to receiving your cool designs. Decorating this office is an ongoing project, so we’re excited for your creative flair to help with the ridiculously fun task of festooning our walls with your new portfolio additions! (Mural painting, anyone?)
As a resident, you can:
- Become a social media wizard
- Work on set design and the other behind the scenes deets of campaign shoots
- Design merchandise in conjunction with new licensing deals, or make some original art of your own
- Help us pimp out our office space with your murals and flair
- Learn how to make your own Redbubble Portfolio absolutely tops!
- Make Redbubble a more inclusive space for all types of artwork
- Or, decide on your own what you want your contribution to look like. For reals!
- You’re ready to spend 6 months in San Francisco, California (Note: Any & all moving expenses are up to you)
- You have a well-thought out creative project which you’re prepared to work on for the length of your residency
- You pitch us that project by Friday January 31, 2020
- We review applications and get back to you
- We have a nice chat and get to know each other
- If accepted, you come work with us, get paid, and the fun and learning begins!
Read – Check out what the residency is all about, and know if you’re ready to spend 6 months in San Francisco, California.
Submit – You come up with a creative project that you’d like to work on, and you pitch us that project by Friday January 31, 2020.
Accept – We review applications and get back to you if we love what you’re pitching.
Plan – If accepted, time to plan your 6 months of fun and learning!
Travel – Get on a jet plane, car, train, tram or even walk to San Francisco.
Join the team – Come work with us, get paid, and learn lots.
Have fun! – We’ll all have a blast.
Disclaimer – Redbubble is not responsible for your costs and expenses or any immigration matters in connection with your participation in the residency program. Please plan well in advance for the high cost of living in the San Francisco Bay Area, as well as the potentially lengthy and uncertain immigration process. This is an in-office contracted position, not a full time role, and the stipend amount is non-negotiable.
Tips for Applying: Advice From Current and Past Residents
- Have a solid idea of what you want to do for your project, with supporting materials.
- Be organized! Make sure you have a solid idea of how you want to approach your project (ie. time frame, number of illustrations, end goal etc.)
- Be open about why you want to create a certain project, if it solves a problem, or how it benefits you, others, or the planet!
- Be honest about what you want to do in your residency and what you want to get from it, don’t just promise things that you think the company might like; be genuine in your video.
- Be confident in your art and don’t be afraid to tell Redbubble about it!