Post Category: Inside Redbubble
Apply for the 2017 Redbubble Residency
Get paid to make art. Hang with nice people. Learn cool stuff.
If at least two of those sounds appealing to you, you’re probably a good fit for Redbubble’s artist-in-residency program.
Want to apply? Pitch us a project. What kind of project? Good question. What are you passionate about? Want 4 weeks to focus on painting a mural for the community? Or 6 months to hunker down on that children’s book you’ve always dreamed about making? Let us know. Outside of a project of your choosing, you can also work with Redbubble’s staff in either Melbourne, Australia or San Francisco, California to learn new skills and see what makes a super fun art marketplace tick. And let’s not forget about money. Money is good. Especially when it’s $3,000/month.
Two offices. Lots of opportunities.
Redbubble was founded in Australia, so this is our main HQ. This office is where we work on all the behind the scenes coding and web design elements while researching brand new products to make available in the marketplace on Redbubble.com.
As a resident, you can work on:
- Choosing what new products should go onto Redbubble
- Curating beautiful collections of artwork and set trends
- Learning how to code and make improvements on Redbubble
- Making our workspace & office more creative
- Plan fun events that engage our teammates
- Or whatever you want…
San Francisco, California
Our base in the U.S. This office is home to our marketing, social, and customer service teams. Here you can get super creative with all the campaigns that Redbubble runs, work on the frontlines with our customers, and see how folks go from ordering to receiving your cool designs on products.
As a resident, you can work on:
- Becoming a social media wizard
- Designing merchandise for musicians and building their brand (ZooLabs)
- Making Redbubble a more inclusive space for all types of artwork
- Teaching other artists how to be as kickass as you
- Perfecting the art of tee shirt design
- Or you can totally do what you want (for real)
- You’re ready to spend between 3 to 9 months in either Melbourne, Australia or San Francisco, California
- You come up with a creative project that you’d like to work on
- You pitch us that project by May 26th Extended to June 2nd
- We review applications and get back to you
- We have a nice chat and get to know each other
- If accepted, you come work with us, get paid, and learn lots
Read – Check out what the residency is all about, and know if you’re ready to spend between 3 to 9 months in either Melbourne, Australia or San Francisco, California.
Submit – You come up with a creative project that you’d like to work on, and you pitch us that project by June 2nd.
Accept – We review applications and get back to you if we love what you’re pitching.
Plan – If accepted, time to plan your move!
Travel – Get on a jet plane to Melbourne or San Francisco.
Join team – Come work with us, get paid, and learn lots.
Have fun! – We’ll all have a blast.
Disclaimer – Make sure you check this one out.
Applications Closed, stay tuned for the next round of applications in the following year.