We’re very happy to announce we’ll soon be releasing some new shirt styles, the first in this lineup will be a Men’s Long T-Shirt. These new styles are exciting for a number of reasons, however the most significant is that they will feature larger print areas. That’s right, you now have more canvas to work and your fans will have a larger variety of styles to choose from. Win-win.
Currently all of our available shirts, aside from sublimation printed shirts (Graphic T-Shirt, chiffon top, contrast tank), print at 12″ x 16″ max and require a PNG file of 2400×3200 pixels. For many styles going forward the max print size will be approximately 14.3″ x 19.4″(2875 x 3900 pixels). That’s a whole lotta new pixels, and so it will require a new image. The gif above shows the difference between the standard and new larger print size. The uploader is now live and ready for your designs.
Here are all the details you need to prep your files for this awesome new product.
- Upload a new 2875 x 3900 pixel PNG file.
- Images can be scaled down from a higher resolution image, but should not be scaled up from lower resolution images, such as from the Unisex Tee, as this will produce low quality images.
- New files will need to be uploaded. Migration from an existing product, such as Graphic Tees, is not an option as the new file needs to be a transparent PNG. Many graphic tee files are JPG or come with attached background colors.
- Uploading new files also minimizes the possibility of a portion of the works being cropped, and allows for the design to be manually adjusted for this new product and upcoming products.
- Make sure your design files are crisp and clean with no unwanted pixels.
- Use the “Replace Image” option in the uploader for shirts and add your new larger design.
- Choose to have your design on front or back and select a default color.
- See below for how the uploader will appear with the new section for large print areas.
- Check out our post on How to Create Transparent Backgrounds for shirts.
- Read our post on Using Halftones to Create Transparency in Shirt Designs.
- Also take a look at some Tips on Designing for T-Shirts.