The Weekly Wrap
There’s no such thing as a quiet week on RB and you’ve certainly been keeping busy this week. We love to read about artists who have shared their achievements, news, tips and tricks and we’re always equally impressed by the support and encouragement offered. So without further ado, here’s just some of the action we spotted this week.
- James Hance shared some astonishing works in progress on his Facebook page.
- Ruwah shared one of his works-in-progress, a scary monster.
- It’s always nice to see one of Tanya Bond’s charming creatures. Here’s the latest of her works in progress, Urban Ninja.
- Megan Lara gets ready to cos-play at Planet Comicon in Kansas City this weekend. Check out her Rose costume from Doctor Who – we think the resemblance is uncanny.
- Jelopi shares a new drawing, Fashion Meets Art.
- robCREATIVE has released a new whimsical book featuring his clever animal illustrations. You can see a preview here.
- pete68 shared his latest submission to the April 2013 Juried Solo Exhibition, a haunting work called Insomniac.
- We love it when artists like Jen Waltmon share stories of how their art touches real life. Read about the making of her photographic portrait, Duncan.
- MoonSpiral of the Bad Apple Artist Collective showed an awesome work-in-progress of a fortune teller she spied on the beach.
- Mike Handy and Fanboy30 recently collaborated on a new illustration.
- Mitch Labuda is soliciting submissions for his webzine Sharing A Photographic Vision, where he regularly showcases fellow photographers.
Congratulations to all the artists featured above on their news and achievements and a big thanks to the many Bubblers who have taken the time to show their support, leave generous comments or to offer help and advice. Each week we feature a small selection of the big news and the little wins we’ve spotted in the Redbubble community but we’d really like this to serve as an intro to your own news. What was the highlight of your week? Do you have any creative plans for the coming week?
If you’d like to keep up to date with the latest RB community happenings, news about meetups, challenges and other awesomeness, follow the Community Team updates here.