It’s time for another wrap up of news and activity from our Redbubble artists. We’ve seen some exciting exhibitions, publicity coups, and interesting journals. Here’s just some of the action we spotted this week.
- Uber-artist Tom Trager was just featured in a Geekshirts article series, Designer Unlocked interview of 2013.
- Claudia Dingle just had her work slice of lemon featured in a Women Painters group post, along with work from a bunch of other great members.
- Open call to submit work to an exhibition called “Be My Valentine” at the Tap Gallery in Darlinghurst, Australia. It runs from February 6th to the 17th. Find details here.
- As we all know, Redbubble started in Australia, and in order to properly understand our brethren, we must start with the language! eon shares this helpful guide to Australian slang.
- Dublin, Ireland photographer Esther Moline is doing a solo exhibition at the Brick Alley Cafe, called Visions of Dublin
- Linda Callaghan’s painting Sunset Glow was "fetured on the January cover of “Artist Palette Magazine, Issue 118,” along with an editorial with 13 more of her art works! Congrats on the feature!
- For a bit of DIY, read patilja’s journal to learn how to create a unique leather frame for photographs.
- Zoel, creator of adorable animal characters, was featured in an interview on The Creative Artists Blog. Congrats!
- It wouldn’t be a new year without reflections on what we’ve learned in the past one. Barbara Glatzeder shares what she’s learned and intersperses it with sections from Neil Gaiman’s excellent keynote address to graduates of The University of the Arts.
- Newbie’s Reynard City, an online comic with a cartoon series, graphic novel and video game in production, have made Redbubble their new merchandise home, hurray! Welcome, guys, you’ll be in good geek company here.
- Rhode Island photographer Barry Doherty had an interview published in his local newspaper, The Valley Breeze. Well done!
Congratulations to the artists above. Each week we feature a small selection of news, inspiration and achievements we’ve spotted, but we’d really like this to serve as an intro to your own news. What was the highlight of your week? Have you got any creative projects planned for the new year?
If you’d like to keep up to date with the latest RB community happenings, news about meetups, challenges and other awesomeness, follow the Community Team updates here.
Team Community (Heidi, Jen, Rosemary and Rhana)