It’s time for another wrap up of news and activity from Redbubble artists. We’ve spotted some exciting projects and achievements which have immensely impressed us this week. Here’s just some of the action we spotted.
- Anita Inverarity has welcomed in the new year with an exhibition and an update on her Whispers of the Sith blog. Be sure to stop by for a wonderful insight into Anita’s works in progress.
- Heather Lara returned to Redbubble after a considerable time of keeping busy with meeting all three of her 2012 New Year’s resolutions. Well done, Heather!
- Craig Calabrese launched his Watercolour Art blog. He has lots of very helpful tips for people starting in watercolor painting, so be sure to drop by.
- 242Digital, aka Jeremy has opened something new and exciting for the Leica users among us, a new RB group dedicated to Leica goodness. If the Leica virus has you in a fever, forget the Doctor and join the group instead.
- Marriet let us know about a competition for acrylic works. If you’re interested in entering, think quick because entries close on February 1st, 2013.
- Self-proclaimed Mad Scientist and illustrator Lloyd Harvey tempted us with the knowledge that his newest creation “Oni World” will rise on May of 2013.
- Navigator shared a wonderful video about the recent discovery that the Roman Colosseum was once adorned with bright frescoes and clad in shining white marble. As if it wasn’t beautiful enough already!
- Marcelle Raphael recently returned from the Imaging USA conference in Atlanta. Imaging USA is a massive event for Pro Photographers. If you missed it this year you might like to keep it in mind for their next event in 2014.
- David Barneda has had two of his illustrations accepted into the Illustration West 51 competition. Congratulations, David!
- Mike Jory’s image has been published as a book cover after it was discovered on his RB portfolio by the publishing company.
- Sarnia2 reminded us of the great joy that can be found in taking time to get to know your fellow Redbubble artists.
Congratulations to the artists above. Each week we feature a small selection of news, inspiration and achievements we’ve spotted, but we’d really like this to serve as an intro to your own news. What was the highlight of your week? Have you got any creative projects planned for the new year?
If you’d like to keep up to date with the latest RB community happenings, news about meetups, challenges and other awesomeness, follow the Community Team updates here.
~Team Community (Heidi, Jen, Rosemary and Rhana)