The Weekly Wrap
Another week, another jam packed wrap up of news and activity from artists on RedBubble. We’ve spotted insightful discussions, some interesting projects and initiatives and a bunch of achievements we’re really quite impressed by. Plus bubblers offering a ton of support and encouragement for each other’s efforts. Here’s just some of the action we spotted this week.
Works by just a few of the hosts featured in the Host Hullabaloo
This week the hard working hosts of the Solo Exhibition group launched the Host Hullabaloo as a way of showing appreciation of hosts on RedBubble. The Hullabaloo is a series of virtual exhibitions showcasing work from some of the artists who generously give their time hosting groups on RedBubble. It’s a fabulous initiative. Congrats to everyone involved!
- Elle Jaye Rose is looking for help with her quest to build a collection of found textures
- Peter Denness had a win in the Digital Photographer of the Year Awards
- Monte Morton’s work will be published in May’s National Geographic
- Lukáš Brežák will be exhibiting his kittens in Brno (Czech Republic) in March
- Nick Board was runner up in the British Heart Foundation photo competition
- Jenny Nestor and other bubblers discussed what makes an artwork resonate with others
- Sydney bubblers are planning a meet up at the Museum of Contemporary Art
- Jeanie’s work was published in the UK’s Countryman Magazine
- Savannah Stone will be selling her work at the Celebration Art & Wine Stroll in Florida
- Sarah Bentvelzen is part of a group exhibition in Kings Cross, Sydney
- David Haviland was featured on the Digital Art Blog
- JadePavey is looking for bubblers to take part in a printmaking exhibition in Victoria
Congratulations to all the artists featured above on their news and achievements and a big thanks to the many bubblers who have taken the time to show their support, leave generous comments or to offer help and advice. Each week we feature a small selection of the big news and the little wins we’ve spotted in the RedBubble community but we’d really like this to serve as an intro to your own news. What was the highlight of your week? Have you got any creative plans for the weekend?